Woodward Academy Crest 

 


 

Collection # DRT-180.3-001

GMA/Woodward Alumni Rosters and Directories
1963, 1900-1965, 1980, 1985, 1993, 1999

 

Main Entry: Alumni Office
Volume:
18 Items

Biographical/Historical Note:
The Office of Development and Alumni was created in 1961 by Capt. William R. Brewster. M.C. Paget was the first director (1961-1968) and Bob Ballentine was the first Public Relations Director in the 1960s. The Office has been responsible for Alumni affairs, publications, annual giving, and other organized fundraising efforts, such as Capital Campaigns. Over decades the office underwent a number of reorganizations with numerous directors, systems, and programs. Beginning in the mid-1960s, with the increased public relations activities of the Development Office and the Alumni Association, the Development Office became the repository for many items of historical significance. The Office of Alumni Affairs had a number of Directors in the 1970s and 1980s, including Paul Stockhammer, Rusty Slider, and Brian Perry. Frank McKay, Class of 1989, became Director of Alumni Giving in the Development Office in 1997.

Scope and Content:
This collection consists of 18 items from the Alumni Office. As the Alumni Office really came into existence in the 1960s, a serious attempt was made to catalog GMA Alumni. Included is the “Revised October 1963” “Roster of Georgia Military Academy Alumni,” printed, 8.5”x11”, 33 pages (4 copies), and “Georgia Military Academy Alumni Roster, 1900-1965,” printed, 8.5”x11” (4 copies). Four bound GMA/WA directories were published in 1980,1985, 1993, and 1999.

Of special interest, this collection also includes an eight page “Compilation of Commanders and their Adjutants from 1910-1967 and of the Senior Class President and President of the Woodward Academy Student Government Association for the years 1968-1982.”

Subject Headings:
230.5 Student Organizations- Student Government Association

 

Return to Archives Home page

All pages Copyright Woodward Academy